Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Images not showing up in viewer

I've been cleaning up my Aperture library; moving projects into folders by year and month. Every third or fourth project I move (I'm just drag and dropping them) stops showing the images in the viewer pane. If I select the parent folder they're there. If I roll over the project with my cursor it tells me that there are versions in the project, but they don't show in the viewer. Anyone else experiencing this? Pilot error?

Aperture 3

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 6:03 AM

10 replies

Feb 4, 2012 7:40 PM in response to beerd

beerd,

I have also experienced that, and it was quite unnerving to begin with. If you aren't accidentally applying a filter like Leonie suggests, you have run into the same bug as I have. It hasn't happened to me in a while, but if I recall, merely shutting down Aperture and restarting it made everything display correctly. Luckily, it seems to be a display bug and not a database/storage bug.

nathan

Feb 5, 2012 8:22 AM in response to léonie

Hi Leonie,

I looked through my previous posts, and I cannot find a thread which I started concerning this topic. I must have figured it out by accident before posting anything to the discussion group.

However, from what I can remember, it happened when reorganizing my hierarchy of projects, just like beerd's problem. I have not encountered the problem with moving pictures between projects, or with including photos in albums. It has happened to meonly when moving projects.

nathan

Feb 5, 2012 8:33 PM in response to léonie

Leonie/ Nathan,

Thanks for the suggestions. While one of my projects did have a search rule applied, I'm still having the issue. Nathan you are correct in that most times just restarting Aperture will resolve the issue, however the times that that does not work I have found another work around. I trash the project and the images will show up in the Aperture trash. Instead of moving them back to the project or dragging them out again. I create a new project and then put them in there. So far this tactic has worked as a last resort. Thanks again and I'll update this thread if need be.

Feb 6, 2012 1:10 AM in response to beerd

beerd,

if you have to delete and recreate projects to make it work, that looks to me like a corrupted Aperture library. Have you tried to repair or rebuild your library? Maybe that can fix your folder structure properly. It seems to be risky to continue with your "Work-around", if your library really needs repairing.

To repair a Library look at the "Library First Aid":

Troubleshooting Basics: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3805

Regards

Léonie

May 31, 2012 6:24 PM in response to léonie

leonieDF,

Vielen Dank! Most of my pictures, which is to say all of them that didn't have GPS data, "disappeared" from a album after I had clicked on Places. I looked everywhere but just didn't notice the search option. Floating the cursor over the album showed the proper number of versions were still there and I could see them in the parent project but it was driving me nuts that I couldn't figure out what was causing them to be hidden. Your post nailed it.

Kurt

Images not showing up in viewer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.