Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bad Security Settings?

Yesterday I was having some permissions problems trying to transfer files from my laptop which is running Snow Leopard to a new iMac which is running Lion. In an effort to solve this problem I fiddled with the permissions of the hard drive on the laptop. Found out later that this is a Big NoNo! So, I started up from my Snow Leopard Disk and ran Disk Utility to verify and repair permissions. This at least got me my computer back, but still, a lot of permissions showed up as bad if I verified them from disk utility again. So.... I reinstalled Snow Leopard from the disk (but not by booting from the disk). Now, it seems like everything is running fine, but when I start up, I get these 4 messages in succession:

--“/Library/StartupItems/HWNetMgr” has not been started because it does not have the proper security settings.--

--“/Library/StartupItems/HWPortDetect” has not been started because it does not have the proper security settings.--

-- “/Library/StartupItems/ProTec6b” has not been started because it does not have the proper security settings.--

-- “/Library/StartupItems/RetroRun” has not been started because it does not have the proper security settings.--

Is this something I have to worry about? I ran the updater so I'm at 10.6.8, the messages persist.

The permissions problem on the iMac has been solved so this is not an issue. Thanks for any help.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 6:24 AM

There are no replies.

Bad Security Settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.