Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1360 by 768

Just took delivery of a New 8 core Mac Pro with 2 ATI Radeon HD 5770 grapics cards this week. I am connecting it to an HDTV and a Scan converter both with native resolutions of 1360 by 768. The Display prefences don't offer this setting for any of my diplays even after clicking detect displays. Doesn't seem to matter whether I use the DVI outputs or the mini display outputs).

Ideas?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), Two ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 9:20 AM

4 replies

Mar 23, 2014 12:33 PM in response to Stevesiebers

I had given up on this since Mavericks dropped SVGA output at 1360x768 from the list.

Switchresx did not help me. I had to remove the mini from my setup and hook it up to a DVI display to reboot and uninstall switchresx after I got the mini stuck on a resolution that the TV could no longer see.

I found out that I could have hit Alt Esc and shut down switchresx but I never tried to see if that would have indeed switched my resolution back to something the TV. could see.

I first noticed the movies I had in iTunes were distorted. And now there is no way to fix this.

Apple, this pure laziness on your behalf as there is NO sound reason why the same hardware which did support 1360x768 (SVGA standard output) no longer does under Mavericks. FIX IT!

Perhaps there is a way to do it with SwitchResx but I'll have to learn all the settings that are available in that rather complicated interface.

Mike

1360 by 768

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.