Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod nano keeps shutting off??? It plays for a very short time and then shuts off

My Ipod Nano keeps shutting off. it plays for a very sort time - maybe a minute and then shuts off.

iPod nano

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 9:26 AM

4 replies

Feb 4, 2012 2:05 PM in response to beckyfromoh

This is usually an indication that the headphones are not plugged in all the way. Make sure the white part of the headset is flush with the Nano and no silver from the headphone's plug can still be seen. The headphone ports on the new Nano's are a little tighter than previous generation and require a bit of extra force to get the headphones to pop all the way in.

B-rock

Jul 31, 2015 11:20 PM in response to GreenCroW

I replaced the screen and battery. Battery because i accidentally melted the battery while taken off the screen lol opps! Well replaced everything everything was fine until when the ipod nano when into battery save mode and the screen shut off so did the music. Didnt know what was happening until i read this what you said to clean the inside of the earphone jack. I did it with a q tip shave alittle off the cotton to fit and yeah it was dirty and magically everything was back to normal. Thanks alot buddy! Ipod nano like new!

My ipod nano keeps shutting off??? It plays for a very short time and then shuts off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.