Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote w/ iPad2 w/ Airplay or Mirror to HDMI. Is possible to Airplay Keynote? (it is, after all, an apple presentation App). In the alternative is my only option to use hdmi or vga cabled directly to the tv or class room projector?

I have an iPad2 @ 5.0.1, appletv @ 4.4.4, and most recent iPad-Keynote.

1) Is possible to Airplay Keynote to my tv via appletv ? (it is, after all, an apple presentation App).

2) Failing that, is my only alternative to mirror using hdmi cabled directly to my class room hdmi projector?

3) How does one set up 'mirrorring' . It aint in Settings.

Thanks for your time.

NB

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 10:59 AM

3 replies

Feb 12, 2012 10:22 AM in response to NathanB1068

Here is the summary of what I found:

1. Apple TV requires a wifi connection. The wifi connection must go from your iPad to your wireless router and THEN back to the Apple TV - which is wired to your TV.

2. Your iPad does have limited BlueTooth capabilities. The Apple TV does NOT have BlueTooth capabilities and this therefore not capable of talking directly to the iPad.

3. In order to talk to a projector wirelessly with iPad would require setting up a wireless network.

4. AppleTV 3rd Generation is rumored to have the necessary BlueTooth. (However, Apple has a long history of picking up the ball, then droping it and walking off the court: Apple Printers, MobileMe, iWeb, iWeb application, Rosetta, etc.etc.)

That Said:

5. If you do not have a wireless network in your home or workspace, you can connect clumbsily iPad to TV or Projector using an HDMI cable.

6. If you connect to a TV or Projector DIRECTLY with an HDMI cable you will be able to mirror whatever you see on your iPad. Regardless. What you see on the iPad is what is mirrored by cable to the TV or projector.

7. The aspect ratio mirrored in this case is 4:3. However, most Panasonic TVs have a "Justified" aspect which will expand proportionately the 4:3 to fill the screen. I am unaware of a class room projector that will project in 16:1 ratio justified.

8. I have now used a 15' and 25' HDMI cable with no perceptible loss of resolution to cable from the iPad2 to the TV.

9. In order to cable from the iPad to the TV or Projector will require a $39.00 31pin to HDMI cable adapter.

- Next go to your iPad. Press the home button twice quickly. Scoot the icons to the right. You will be faced with the standard Play/Pause/Fast Forward/ Reverse control. Just right of center is the Tv mirror symbol. Select it. That will bring up "Devices" and "Mirror". Tap mirror and it will give you a check mark for cofirmation. Home again to proceed with whatever you want to mirror.

10. If you are going to go iPad to Router to AppleTV which is cabled to your TV then:

- Use the Select button of the hand held to turn on the AppleTV.

- Use Menu then scroll right to "Settings"

- Select "AirPlay" to assure it is "On" for those very few applications that are designed for "AirPlay".

- Use Menu to return to "Settings"

- Select "General"

- Select "Network" and the subheadings to confirm or configure your connection to you wifi field.

11. forgive my spelling errors.

Keynote w/ iPad2 w/ Airplay or Mirror to HDMI. Is possible to Airplay Keynote? (it is, after all, an apple presentation App). In the alternative is my only option to use hdmi or vga cabled directly to the tv or class room projector?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.