Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote Deploy apps

On a windows server, i know its possible to remotly deploy apps to client pc's so no need for it to be installed localy.

but id like to use a mac server and was told it was possible, would you be able to tell me how this is possible?

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 11:10 AM

1 reply

Feb 7, 2012 2:33 PM in response to SlamZ369

Hi

Not sure I understand the question? Do you mean applications can be launched and used by users working on client workstations that are only installed on the Server itself?

If this is what you mean I doubt if this is easily possible on the mac platform? I know of no applications that can do this. Perhaps others do?

If you're question is really about installing applications or to give it another name, software distrubution, on client workstations, that is possible but not with what's available on OSX Server. The tool you want is Apple Remote Desktop:

http://www.apple.com/remotedesktop/

HTH?

Tony

Remote Deploy apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.