Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imovie wont detect my sony HDR cx-360 camcorder. what should i do?

I just wont detect it! what should i do?

iMovie '11

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 11:29 AM

4 replies

Feb 5, 2012 12:11 AM in response to dylan mogl

Hi

Tried to find out more on Your Camera "Sony HDR cx-360" and what I learn is that it is a SD-Card Camera but what resolution and frame rate is not obvious.

a. I should connect Camera via USB-cable to Mac

b. I should connect "Mains adaptor" to Camera to keep it live on not battery only.

c. then set Camera in Play mode

d. see if there are any settings in the Camera Menu that direct it to DV-out or alike (some cameras has this to be set)

e. In iMovie try the various alternative

- Import from Movie

- Import from Camera archieve

or any of the other ones

As You understands - this is mere just guessing as I've not got any Camera like Yours. Hopefully someone with one will put all pieces together.

What size did You record in - 1920x1080 ?

What frame-rate ? 24 or 25 (PAL) or 29.97 (NTSC) or 50 or 60

Interlaced or Progressive ?

I think that iMovie any version can't use 1920x1080 60p - if I've read other questions right. (Have to be converted first)

Yours thinking - Bengt W

Jul 15, 2013 7:09 AM in response to dylan mogl

I am also using a Sony HDR-CX 360 camcorder and the internal memory and iMovie does not recognize it for importing. It uses AVCHD format with a frame rate of 60i, and I am running Mac OSX 10.8.4 and iMovie '11 v9.0.9. I also checked and all of my software is up to date.

When I attach the camera to my Mac and set it for USB mode, the Mac cannot find any files that I can copy over and try to convert.

Please help, thanks!

Imovie wont detect my sony HDR cx-360 camcorder. what should i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.