Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I move a GarageBand project from my iPhone to my ipad2?

I am trying to move projects created with GarageBand on my iPhone to my iPad2 to continue working on them. I know how to export the mixed song, but I wanted to export the entire project along with its settings if it is possible.

I tried using the export project to iTunes and was able to transfer the files to my pc. But I couldn't get the project to transfer to my iPad. I tried linking the project on my pc to iTunes and then accessing it but it wouldn't work either.

Any help out there?

Thanks

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 11:46 AM

2 replies

Feb 7, 2012 6:50 AM in response to Jim TT

Yes I'm trying to do the exact same thing and vice versa from iPad to iPhone. I can send to iTunes no problem from both devices, however I haven't figured out how to get it back to the other device. Many of the forums talk about not being able to move GarageBand for the MAC files over to a device and I understand the reason for that, but I have seen that you can move from device to device; however I can't find any instructions on how to do that. Any Help out there? Thanks

Feb 7, 2012 8:26 AM in response to Vornado13

i dont have GB installed on mutiple devices, but sicne no one elsde has tried, here's a guess:

export the project to iTunes, drag the project to a folder on your computer (the Save To button might work too, but I'd just drag it), then select the other device and drag the file back into it.

this should explain the GBi to GBX part, then reverse the steps:

http://www.bulletsandbones.com/GB/GBFAQ.html#exportgbitogbx

(Let the page FULLY load. The link to your answer is at the top of your screen)

please let us know if this works

How can I move a GarageBand project from my iPhone to my ipad2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.