Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Clicking Sound

Repeatedly, I hear clicking and pop noises when watching videos; when they buffer, stop, etc. When I am using headphones, I hear clicking. Basically anything that requires internet streaming clicks. I've done some research, and it seems that ever since Mac OSX 10.4.11 or so, a new sound engine update has been place. This forces the sound engine of most, if not all macs, to turn off almost instantly if no sound is being processed. I understand that this was instated in order to conserve battery life, but it's quite ridiculous that the system is not turned off if a computer is connected via AC power. From what I see, after reading several pages on the internet, dedicated to this issue, no solution has been solved.

I am hoping that I am entirely incorrect, and a solution HAS been found. I'm looking forward to responses. Thank you.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 1:40 PM

There are no replies.

Macbook Pro Clicking Sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.