Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't iTunes convert my wma-files?

Good evening!

I have a problem with getting iTunes to accept my movie wma-files. (I asked a previous question regarding using QuickTimePro for convertion but I was enlightened by the fact that QTpro doesn't accept wma-files on a pc (well that was money down the drain..) So now I'm trying my luck under the iTunes section.)

However, iTunes is suppose to convert wma's automatically, is it not? Why is it that when I try to add them to the library through Files or drag'n drop them, iTunes doesn't react at all? No error message or anything. No convertion either. -.-

They are not protected files as they are homemade in Windows Live Movie maker. I have a pc with Windows 7 64-bit and everything seems to be updated...

What to do...? Thanks for anything that can be helpful! :-)

Windows 7

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 2:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 3:38 PM

iTunes only plays MOV, M4A, MP4 files. You need a third party conversion software to convert WMA file to m4a or mp4.

4 replies

Why won't iTunes convert my wma-files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.