Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone ever had the quit message consistantly occur when >6 minutes of no activity takes place ? I have reinstalled the OX and spent 3 hours with applecare with no resolution....

I have been receiving the shut down signal continually every ~6 minutes now for two weeks. Apple care is unable to fix the problem....did the OS reload, and other permissions fixs without success......any help is appreciated.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 5:04 PM

6 replies

Feb 4, 2012 6:15 PM in response to Linc Davis

We did the typical diagnostics with everything coming back clean after the first run of disc repairs. I also ran Onyx with no problems discoverd. Did a number of reboots and Pram reboots and finally reloaded the OS. They suggested that we completely wipe the drive and start fresh with a time machine backup. However this would take hours so........ any other option is preferable and I think our reload off the time machine will restart the problem.

Has anyone ever had the quit message consistantly occur when >6 minutes of no activity takes place ? I have reinstalled the OX and spent 3 hours with applecare with no resolution....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.