Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mail app is broken

HELP! I've lost access to my email. When I launch Mail, this message comes up...

User uploaded file

Clicking either option doesn't work. When I relaunch, I just get this message again.

I was thinking that I restore a previous version from a couple days ago via Time Machine, but I'm not sure just what I'd need to retieve... the Mail app? the mailboxes (wherever they are)? the whole system folder?

I have a huge collection of boxes and messages and want to be sure to restore all of them.

Where do I start?

...Charles

G5 iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 7:37 PM

1 reply

Feb 4, 2012 7:43 PM in response to cp_whaley

ooops... I was hoping that my screen shot of the error msg would appear when I posted this problem. It reads...

---------

There is a problem with your mailboxes.

Try clicking Quit and opening Mail again. If this message reappears, click Quit and Rebuild index. The next time you open Mail, it will import your messages.

Quit Quit and Rebuild Index

----------

Neither of these options works. I just keep getting the same message every time.

...Charles

My Mail app is broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.