Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Graphics firmware upgrade not working

Hi, I have a 24" iMac 2008 it requires a graphics card upgrade for installing windows 7 i have 10.7 lion running, but it says on checkingavailable disks that it cannot be installed on this disk as it needs 10.6 any ideas the update says 10.6 or later

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3), 24"

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 8:03 PM

6 replies

Feb 4, 2012 8:47 PM in response to Frank Neville

If your system tells you it needs a firmware update after running Software Update then update it from there. If Software Update does not prompt for any updates then OS X does not any updates. You did not say how you intended to run MS Windows (Boot Camp, Parallels, VMWare Fusion etc...) which makes it very difficult to assist you.

When you are posting please provide as complete a picture as you can, that makes it a quite a bit easier for those attempting to help you.

Feb 4, 2012 9:39 PM in response to Frank Neville

I see where you are making an error, the advice letter you pointed to refers to:

Download and install the Graphics Firmware Update 1.0 if you run Microsoft Windows 7 using Boot Camp on your iMac (with NVIDIA GeForce 7300 or 7600 GT) or Mac Pro (with NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT or Quadro FX 4500) computer.

The early 2008 iMac uses the ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB of GDDR3 memory per

http://support.apple.com/kb/SP485

Therefore your system does NOT need the graphics update you're attempting to download.

Graphics firmware upgrade not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.