Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 3GS on tmobile?

In order for me to use an iPhone 3GS on tmobile, what would I need to do other than buy the iPhone unlocked?

iPhone 3GS

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 9:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 9:17 PM

All you need to do is buy an unlocked phone. Note that not all features of the iPhone will be available on T-Mobile, as it does not fully support the iPhone.



11 replies

Feb 5, 2012 6:52 AM in response to Beastyjames23

Beastyjames23 wrote:

In order for me to use an iPhone 3GS on tmobile, what would I need to do other than buy the iPhone unlocked?

There is no such thing in the US as an unlocked iPhone 3GS, at least not an officially unlocked one. Unless the device is being purchased from another country where unlocked 3GS devices are available, it has been hacked to be unlocked.

Feb 5, 2012 9:54 AM in response to Beastyjames23

beasty,

Since T-Mobile on the US is not fully compatible with the iPhone, you will NOT get 3G data speeds, only the terribly slow EDGE. In addition, you won't get visual voice mail, FaceTime will not activate, some people have stated that MMS and iMessage will not work.

With 3 national carriers in the US that support the iPhone, I don't know why you'd want to cripple the phone by using it on T-Moble. You turn a smart phone into a dumb phone.

iPhone 3GS on tmobile?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.