Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"There is not enough memory or disk space..."

I am trying to open a .docx file with Word 2004 version 11.6.6 (purchased). However, I always get a message saying, "there is not enough memory or disk space to convert this document" when there is plenty of memory. I have a MacBook Pro version 10.6.8. I downloaded the .XML conversion app. from the Microsoft website to no avail. However, I can open the same file on my PowerMac G5 also with Word 2004 and the same .XML conversion app. I downloaded for my MacBook Pro from the Microsoft website. I checked the conversion log of the .XML converter and it says:

Start time: 2012-02-05 00:12:59 -0500

Converting file: /Users/xxxxxxxxxxx/Downloads/Formulario-Guía Observación de la Escuela-4.docx

objc[1541]: Class NLAssertionHandler is implemented in both /Applications/Open XML Converter.app/Contents/SharedSupport/wordcvtr and /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office Converter Support/Open XML for Word.framework/Versions/12/../../../MicrosoftComponentPlugin.framework/Versions /12/MicrosoftComponentPlugin. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Conversion failed

End time: 2012-02-05 00:13:01 -0500

What gives? Is the file I'm trying to open corrupt or is there some kind of update I need for my Office Word program? How can the file be opening fine on one of my computers, but not the other newer one?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 9:22 PM

4 replies

"There is not enough memory or disk space..."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.