Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Drag and Drop?

I saw an old forum post about this issue, but I couldn't find any real solutions so I'm posting again.

I am using a MacBook, not MacBook Pro, purchased in January 2011. It was working totally fine until I updated something in January of this year, and then I found I couldn't drag and drop. When I drag anything with my mouse, it looks fine until I go to drop it. Whatever I'm trying to move simply won't drop. It started with just picture files on my browser (I use Chrome), but now it happens with all my applications.

I checked my extensions folder, but it was empty, and deleting all the .kext I could find on my hard drive did absolutely nothing. If I use the three-finger option to drag, I still experience the same problem.

I'm currently running Mac OS X 10.6.8.

Does anyone have a solution for me? It's making my laptop frustratingly hard to use.

MacBook-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 12:41 AM

2 replies

Can't Drag and Drop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.