Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I use the volume control on my wireless keyboard?

I just bought a new Apple wireless keyboard and I cannot use the volume control shortcuts. When I press them I it opens up the dashboard and uses expose. I have checked that the box for the F keys in unchecked, I've downloaded and installed the keyboard 2.0 update, I've deleted the bluetooth file preference and rebooted, I've done the reset holding down option command P R, I've repaired disk permissions, I've re-paired the keyboard, the software updater tells me everything is up to date and none of this has fixed the problem. I have no more ideas of how to address the issue.

Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 2:59 AM

6 replies

Feb 6, 2012 11:14 PM in response to SCTTW

If you want to get a little more "exotic" you can try remapping the function keys. I did a little google searching and the hits that looked promising are,

Mapping volume and eject keys to 3rd-party keyboard Other Hardware

Spark

Spark is a powerful, and easy Shortcuts manager. With Spark you can create Hot Keys to launch applications and documents, execute AppleScript, control iTunes, and more...

You can also export and import your Hot Keys library, or save it in HTML format to print it.

Spark is free, so use it without moderation!

How do I use the volume control on my wireless keyboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.