Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

there was a problem connecting to the server error

HELP!

Right, so I upgraded to Lion on my MacBook Pro last night, and have spasmodically gotten the following error:

There was a problem connecting to the server "me409fs02"

followed by:

There was a problem connecting to server "me35syd08"

Now the weird thing is, me409fs02 and me35syd08 were servers at a company I used to work for 2 years ago. I have no idea why my computer is suddenly trying to log in to these old servers, or how to make it stop.

User uploaded file

Here's a screen shot of what's going on in the console at the exact moment that the errors occur:

User uploaded file

This is turning out to be a gargantuan pain in the butt and I'd really appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks in advance,

Brent.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 3:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 4:13 AM

G'day mate,

Is this only happening in one user account? If so, then you should look into the library folder of your user account and your login items (through "Users & Groups Preferences").

Check for any LaunchAgents or LaunchDaemons that could be attempting to connect to the server.

If it's happening for every user, then also check the Library folder at the root of your hard drive (LaunchAgents, LaunchDaemons and StartupItems).

Cheers,

Rodney

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2012 4:13 AM in response to bentbrent

G'day mate,

Is this only happening in one user account? If so, then you should look into the library folder of your user account and your login items (through "Users & Groups Preferences").

Check for any LaunchAgents or LaunchDaemons that could be attempting to connect to the server.

If it's happening for every user, then also check the Library folder at the root of your hard drive (LaunchAgents, LaunchDaemons and StartupItems).

Cheers,

Rodney

Feb 5, 2012 4:15 AM in response to bentbrent

Just to add to that;

I can't see anything unusual in my keychain.

I've removed all extra users from Users & Groups and removed all of the Login Items under my user name.

There's nothing weird under my network preferences either. I use the computer as a standalone machine connected to the net via wifi.

Nothing complicated in my setup at all. This has really got me scratching my head.

Feb 5, 2012 4:31 AM in response to RodneyW

Rodney, you are a man mountain amoungst tech heads!

Followed your advice and it's all sorted - there were a bunch of files under LaunchAgent and LaunchDaemons relating to an old antivirus program that my previous company was using. Reckon that's what was directing my Mac to the old servers.

Thanks for the help, you've made my computer useable again.

Cheers!

there was a problem connecting to the server error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.