Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! I am giving away my iPhone 3Gs to my sister along with it's data plan, I want to delete my iCloud account on this phone, will delete my iCloud account too? And what about deleting my personal datas on iPhone, will it delete my data on iTunes?

Help! I am giving away my iPhone 3Gs to my sister along with it's data plan. I want to delete all of my personal data on my phone, will it delete my data on iTunes too? And same goes for iCloud; I want to delete my acount on my phone because, I guess this is a more convenient way to delete my personal data but I'm not sure if it will delete my iCloud account too or not because I'm getting an iPhone 4S and I'm hoping, the back up data like games & apps and music on my 3Gs will be transfered to 4S.😕

Thanks!😀

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 4:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 5:41 AM

All you have to do is this: Sync your 3GS to create a current backup. Then either: Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content & Settings or restore it as a "New" device in iTunes. Both accomplish the same thing, erasing all of your data & settings from the phone. You can now give it to your sister, she can plug it into her computer, name it what she wants & sync her content to it. You then restore your 4S from the backup of the 3GS you created when you started. Follow this by syncing your content to your new phone & your 4S will look just like your 3GS.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2012 5:41 AM in response to Loneaxolotl

All you have to do is this: Sync your 3GS to create a current backup. Then either: Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content & Settings or restore it as a "New" device in iTunes. Both accomplish the same thing, erasing all of your data & settings from the phone. You can now give it to your sister, she can plug it into her computer, name it what she wants & sync her content to it. You then restore your 4S from the backup of the 3GS you created when you started. Follow this by syncing your content to your new phone & your 4S will look just like your 3GS.

Help! I am giving away my iPhone 3Gs to my sister along with it's data plan, I want to delete my iCloud account on this phone, will delete my iCloud account too? And what about deleting my personal datas on iPhone, will it delete my data on iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.