Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

not being able to buy songs of foreign itunes stores

this has always been a pet peeve of mine. in an age where downloading music illigally is being cracked down on yet i'm forced to download music illigally.

i'm from New Zealand so i use the NZ itunes store but i'm studying french and i like to listen to modern french music. yet this isn't available on the NZ store and when i go on the french store it tells me that my login is only for the NZ store and it takes me back to the NZ store.

itunes store-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 8:28 PM

2 replies

Feb 6, 2012 5:33 AM in response to aqua_angel

Hi Aqua...

The issue is that your credit or debit card credentials must be associated with the same country where you reside.

"Although you can browse the iTunes Store in any country without being signed in, you can only purchase content from the iTunes Store for your own country. This is enforced via the billing address associated with your credit card or other payment method that you use with the iTunes Store, rather than your actual geographic location."

From here > The Complete Guide to Using the iTunes Store | iLounge Article

not being able to buy songs of foreign itunes stores

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.