Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is iTunes Match a one time thing, or continuous?

If I subscribed to iTunes match for the $25 fee and everything in my library was matched, but then I put new/more CD's onto my computer into iTunes, would they also be matched, or is it to late?

Thanks for any help

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), I also have an iPod touch 4th gen

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 8:53 PM

8 replies

Apr 10, 2012 9:39 PM in response to Michael Allbritton

Thanks for the reply. But I have another question/problem. iTunes Match worked pretty well, except about 100 songs still say waiting, and that's it. I have updated iTunes Match (under store in tab bar) and it has not done anything for about a week now. Also, any new song i get (not from the iTunes store) it will not do anything with it. Under iCloud Status, it doesn't have anything, not even waiting.

Apr 12, 2012 7:59 AM in response to c9w

So we're going to hav to get creative with trouble shooting.

I'm guessing you have the iCloud Status column enabled; sort on that column to find all the tracks with a status of "waiting" or no status. Now, create a new folder on the desktop, highlight all the trouble songs in iTunes and drag-n-drop them into this folder. This is just so you have a backup of them and can refer to them.

Once that is done remove the trouble songs from the iTunes library, from the cloud, but keep the files. Turn off iTunes Match, wait about a minute, then turn it back on. Let it complete a scan.

Once the scan is complete start adding the troublesome songs back into the library a few at at time. After you add each small batch let iTM kick off and do its thing before adding the next small batch. It may be necessary to transcode some of the songs as well.

May 15, 2012 2:55 AM in response to Michael Allbritton

I have the sme problem. In the first place iTunes matched my complete library. After that I removed the physical library leaving the one in the cloud. That worked. Now yesterday I added missing cd's one by one tot iTunes and after I was done about a day later, nothing was matched. I turned match off and on again etc. no results. I removed all the new songs and added only a few exactly like in the sugestion above. Still it does not match anything anymore.

Is iTunes Match a one time thing, or continuous?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.