Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop this when I log on? "Are you sure you want to install the extension “Bitdefender”?"

I was invited to use Bitdefender but don't like it. I removed all reference to it from Finder but now every time I startup or logon I get this question from an auto-opened Safari page. I have turned off fiel extensions from preferences, having remove this extenion from it. Anyone help please?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 9:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 10:06 PM

First, restart the computer but uncheck the box "Reopen windows when logging back in" prior to shutting it down.

The next questions relate to when the message appears:

If it happens when you start the computer using the power button - read and follow these instructions: Starting the computer in "safe mode"

Be sure to read the whole document before doing anything. Booting in "safe mode" will not solve the issue itself but it will allow you to take additional actions to solve it. Post back here after you do this.

If it happens when you launch Safari, launch Safari while holding a shift key. This will cause Safari to launch with a blank page.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2012 10:06 PM in response to rappleton

First, restart the computer but uncheck the box "Reopen windows when logging back in" prior to shutting it down.

The next questions relate to when the message appears:

If it happens when you start the computer using the power button - read and follow these instructions: Starting the computer in "safe mode"

Be sure to read the whole document before doing anything. Booting in "safe mode" will not solve the issue itself but it will allow you to take additional actions to solve it. Post back here after you do this.

If it happens when you launch Safari, launch Safari while holding a shift key. This will cause Safari to launch with a blank page.

How do I stop this when I log on? "Are you sure you want to install the extension “Bitdefender”?"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.