Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't drag and drop songs onto my iPod from iTunes. (Manual transfer is not working.) Please help!

Normally, I just select songs and I'm able to drag and drop them from my library onto my device. I have an iPod Touch and an iPhone 4. I want to drag and drop my songs from the library onto my iPod Touch. I have already selected manual upload instead of automatic sync. I tried suggestions from the Mac message board (since other people seem to have had a similar issue), and their solutions didn't work for me. I have restarted both iTunes, my computer, and reconnected my iPod multiple times. I don't know what's going on, and I can't find a fix anywhere in iTunes help. If anyone knows what to do, or has any suggestions, please let me know! Thanks.

iPod touch (4th generation), Windows Vista

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 11:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 5:23 PM

Update: I seem to have fixed the problem! I went to the "summary" section of my iPod after clicking on the device on the left side of iTunes. I checked the box that allowed me to "manually manage music and videos" and applied this option. The songs are syncing! And, yay, they're playing on my iPod now! Hopefully, this helps anyone else who might have this problem. There might be other issues, but this is working for now.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2012 5:23 PM in response to starrygirl2112

Update: I seem to have fixed the problem! I went to the "summary" section of my iPod after clicking on the device on the left side of iTunes. I checked the box that allowed me to "manually manage music and videos" and applied this option. The songs are syncing! And, yay, they're playing on my iPod now! Hopefully, this helps anyone else who might have this problem. There might be other issues, but this is working for now.

I can't drag and drop songs onto my iPod from iTunes. (Manual transfer is not working.) Please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.