Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File transfer via bluetooth on iPad

So I have an iPhone 3GS and an iPad 2, both have iOS 5.0.1 installed.
I was wondering if it were possible to transfer pictures from my iPhone to my iPad through the bluetooth connection.

Or is there some other quick way to this?

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1, 16gb

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 5:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 10:40 AM

iOS does not include the BT profiles for file sharing. You may be able to find an app in the App Store that will let you do this between the two iOS devices. I've used one for trasferring pictures. Don't remember what it was called as, really, in my opinion, filesharing over BT is too slow to be useful except in an emergency. Email is faster.

Best of luck.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2012 10:40 AM in response to Mr Saphique

iOS does not include the BT profiles for file sharing. You may be able to find an app in the App Store that will let you do this between the two iOS devices. I've used one for trasferring pictures. Don't remember what it was called as, really, in my opinion, filesharing over BT is too slow to be useful except in an emergency. Email is faster.

Best of luck.

Feb 6, 2012 11:06 AM in response to Mr Saphique

If you are just doing pictures, there are some apps availalbe, but as meg says, they are slow and i have found at least one to be unreliable to the point of uselessness. So if you decide that you want one, read thr reviews carefully.

If you are commonly within a wifi area, consider an app called photosync, which works very well between devices and the computer. Pictures only. But almost idiot proof.

File transfer via bluetooth on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.