Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini Sever - Public Share - how enable read and write permissions for new remote files

Hi, this Sunday a friend ask me to help hum with a problem on is Man Mini Server. He has a small office and uses the mini server to share a public folder to all his employees.

Everyone that creates a file, saves it to the public folder at the mini mac.

That problem is that, who creates the file owns it and remains with read-only permissions to everyone else. The owner has to change the file permission in order to the rest of the employees can work on it.

I do not know mac arquitecture, I only work with windows and linux, but i suspect the principles are the same.

We try to create another folder , and share it, but it happens the same. Have you any ideas on what is wrong?

I suspect it has anything to do with de file Sharing at the mini mac, but it has read and write permissions for everyone.
Thanks for your help.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.4)

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 7:29 AM

There are no replies.

Mac Mini Sever - Public Share - how enable read and write permissions for new remote files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.