Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How would I go about upgrading my OS v10.5.8 to OS v10.7.3?

I currently am running Leopard 10.5.8, and I'm looking to upgrade to the newest OS, Lion. I'm mainly interested in Garageband. All I see for requirements for Lion is 10.6.6 and later but I can't even find where to get Snow Leopard. Soooo do I have to upgrade from Leopard, to Snow Leopard, then to Lion?? Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 8:06 AM

1 reply

Feb 6, 2012 8:27 AM in response to wuff36

First question - Does your Mac meet the Lion requirements?

Lion 10.7 System Requirements

• Mac computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor (most models released since late 2006 - early Intel-based Macs with Core Solo or Core Duo processors aren't compatible)

• 2GB of memory (recommend at least 4GB -- and ideally even more, as you'll see benefits in many computing tasks)

• OS X v10.6.6 or later (v10.6.8 recommended) for Lion download from Apple App Store; or Leopard 10.5.x if using Lion on USB drive

• 7GB of available space (10GB recommended)

How to install Lion over Leopard - http://www.macworld.com/article/161087/2011/07/install_lion_over_leopard.html

 Cheers, Tom 😉

How would I go about upgrading my OS v10.5.8 to OS v10.7.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.