Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When using CS5.5 Lion Freezes during the Save Process

I upgraded to Lion this past fall and haven't had problems until recently, but now Lion freezes everytime I try to save a file in CS5.5. Is anyone else having this problem or has found a way to resolve it? Do I need to reinstall Snow Leopard?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 10:40 AM

2 replies

Feb 7, 2012 10:10 AM in response to AliD2006

I'm having issues with CS5 as well. I was doing a selection with the selection brush. I got about half my object selected when the entire system froze. The same thing has happened repeatedly. I'm forced to do a hard shutdown each time. I don't have this issue with any other applications. I'm stumped.

iMac (Late 2010)

i7 Quad Core

16GB Ram

Feb 7, 2012 10:24 AM in response to AliD2006

A recent Lion update has been reaking havoc with alot of 3rd party (non-apple) software. If you google Lion update causing crashes you might be able to find an article or two on it. The most recent one I read was on Engadet and it listed Adobe CS software as one of the affected programs. I don't know if this is what's causing your problems, but i would look into it. Hope this at least gets you started in the right direction.

When using CS5.5 Lion Freezes during the Save Process

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.