Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

time machine not launching

I want to backup my MacBook Pro and for the first time I tried to use Time Machine on this particular computer. The issue here is that even without any external disc connected I get the same crash error every time I launch it: THE OPERATION COULD NOT BE COMPLETED. An unexpected error occured (error code -43).

I thought the issue was the disc partition on my Seagate disc, but after reformatting it I get the same error over and over again.

This computer was upgraded a couple of years ago and everything seemed to work out fine until I got this error. I want to backup my computer so I can migrate to a newer one, as well to service this old one.

My Mac is a MacBook Pro 15", with Mac OS 10.5.8.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 11:02 AM

6 replies

Feb 6, 2012 5:24 PM in response to fjdeleon

fjdeleon wrote:

I want to backup my MacBook Pro and for the first time I tried to use Time Machine on this particular computer. The issue here is that even without any external disc connected I get the same crash error every time I launch it: THE OPERATION COULD NOT BE COMPLETED. An unexpected error occured (error code -43).

What are you doing when that happens -- trying to open System Preferences > Time Machine?

Or clicking the TM icon in your Dock?

Or ??

time machine not launching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.