Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I empty waste basket of aperture

by the normal way I cannot clean my basket. There are 390 items in it. When I try to empty, there is the sentence that it cannot be recuperated. But after a few seconds emptying is finished. The 390 items remain in the basket. Saekingen

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 3:27 PM

Saekingen,

Someone else asked the same question today. You should look at this thread to see if anything applies:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3715309?tstart=0

nathan

7 replies

Feb 7, 2012 2:04 AM in response to Mr Endo

The location of my trash basket does not be the cause for my problem. To demonstrate this sentance:

I trash a new item. It shows up in trash icon. When I call for empty trash this new added item disappears.

I can delete that item and the previous number of trash shows.

Can it be that system relevant items ended up in my trash and these cannot be delete?

Saeckingen

Feb 7, 2012 2:16 AM in response to säckingen

Hello Saeckingen,

Some more information would help:

• When you move images to your Aperture trash and empty the trash, do these images appear in your system trash?
  • When you create a new, empty Aperture library (File -> switch to Library -> Other/New) and import some test images - does the trash work correct for this new library?

The answer to the first question would help to

decide if maybe your system trash has problems, the answer to the second question, if maybe your Aperture Library needs repairing.

Regards

Léonie

Feb 7, 2012 4:38 AM in response to säckingen

Leonie,

I do not understand the first part of your post.Now to the second part as this may hekp.I installed a new library. Inserted a picture. I cancelled this foto. Trash shows number 1. Now I am able to emty my trash basket.

What can you tell me to do? I have time machine and could replace my library by means of an old one. I would loose changes in the existing library. Regards Guenther

Feb 7, 2012 7:30 AM in response to säckingen

Günther,

I do not understand the first part of your post.

I meant the following: If you put an image into the Aperture trash, and then empty the trash in Aperture, the images should appear in the trash basket on your Desktop. If they do not show up there, you may have a permissions problem with your trash in your home folder.

What can you tell me to do? I have time machine and could replace my library by means of an old one. I would loose changes in the existing library.

Before you do that, try to repair your Library using the First Aid: (make sure you have a current backup, before you try that)

• Hold down the Command-⌘ and Option-⌥-Key, while you double click the Aperture Icon: This should bring up the Library First Aid Window:
  • Select "Repair Permissions"
  • If that does not fix the problem, try again with the second option: "Repair Database", if necessary, the third option.

Report back, if it does not help.

Regards

Léonie

how can I empty waste basket of aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.