Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make an animated pie chart in Motion?

I want to create a pie chart with smooth transitions between each change as the various areas grow or shrink in size. Is this possible in Motion?

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 12:38 PM

8 replies

Feb 7, 2012 2:41 AM in response to Helge Krabye

If I understand what you want to do, then yes.

create a long slender wedge shape (3 points : Top at [0, 150]; bottom left [-3, -150] bottom right [ 3,-150] approximately - you can edit it to fit later) [this is easy to do if you have Preferences > Appearance > Status Bar > Show > Coordinates selected]

Shape color white

replicate the shape

in the replicator, set Shape: Circle

Arrangement Outline

select 3d

select align angle

Set Points: 360 [Then go back and adjust the wedge shape so that it smoothly creates a solid circle - easiest way is to use Properties > Scale > X to widen it enough - you'll see the "spoke" effect gradually disappear)

[** you can Set Points to less, but the animation might not look quite as smooth]

Adjust radius to exactly close the center hole

Color Mode: over pattern

for the gradient, pick how many colors you need - click on each swatch and set Interpolation to constant

Then all you have to do is animate the Location for each color swatch. All you need to do for FCPX is publish the gradient. You can keyframe all parts of it in FCPX, including the Location animation. Users will be able to select their own color schemes as well as the number of colors in the chart.

If I missed the point, then I'd need some more info.

HTH

How to make an animated pie chart in Motion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.