Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I can get new drivers for hard drive?

I have a iMac G3 and I installed a new hard drive, but i cant find thew drivers off of seagate where else can i get them

iMac, Mac OS 9.1.x, iMac G3

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 1:41 PM

1 reply

Feb 6, 2012 11:42 PM in response to goblue8763

I assume that you've Installed the configuration jumper on the Seagate hard drive as Master with Slave Present. You don't need to install drivers, but you do need to boot your iMac from the OS 9.1 CD and locate "Drive Setup" in the Utilities folder. When you run the program to format the Seagate hard drive as a Mac OS Extended (HFS+) volume (or volumes - if you'd like to partition it), a hard disk driver will be written to it. An iMac G3 won't recognize any formatted hard drive that's larger than 128 GBs, so be aware if you've installed a 160 GB or larger drive. There is a software workaround (Intech's "SpeedTools ATA Hi-Capacity Driver") that involves a partitioning scheme, but you must buy the Intech software.

Where can I can get new drivers for hard drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.