Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iDVD ejects disc during burning process of Dual Layer DVD

Hi,

I am trying to burn a 3hr iMovie project of a recent holiday trip. Due to its size, it therefore needs to go on a Dual Disc DVD. I intend to burn 8 copies, one for each member of the holiday.

I successfully burned the first disc in iDVD, however since then, the disc prematurely ejects at the "Multiplexing and Burning" stage, (At the 'Writing Lead In' stage within this) ,usually with 31mins remaining

I am burning at 4x , I have 27GB free space and I am using AONE Plus DVDs. I have read many discussions on here about buying Verbatim DVD-R's which i can do, but with the first dvd burning successfully, I would prefer to try other options before I commit to purchase..

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

Max

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 4:13 PM

5 replies

Feb 9, 2012 4:34 PM in response to Bengt Wärleby

Hi again,

I purchased a pack of Verbatim DVD-R DL Discs, tried the iDVD route and it ejected at the burning and multiplexing stage again. Not only this, but after burning and trying that same failed disc again, it actually contains part of the project, so this disc is now unusable.

After this I went the Disc Utility option as you advised and successfully got to the end until the 'closing session' section. Here, it continues to load and says it is 'closing the session' and i can hear my Disc drive spinning away, stopping, then starting to spin again (this continues to happen forever and ever)

Any suggestions at this stage would be great as i'm truly at a lost cause now..

Thanks

Max

iDVD ejects disc during burning process of Dual Layer DVD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.