Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule as wireless hdd for my WD TV Live Hub and Sonos Player.

I have the 3TB 4th Generation Time Capsule and I want to use it as both the Time Machine for my Mac and a place to store my media for my WD TV Live Hub and music for my Sonos player. I entered the username and password for my Time Capsule, but it said that there was no data, when there is data, one from the backup, and one from a drag and drop into a created "Media" folder with videos from my mac. Thank you for your help.

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 3:49 PM

3 replies

Mar 31, 2012 12:18 PM in response to kinderadam

I'm having the same issue. I have a time capsule with an external drive attached to share with my wd tv live boxes in the house. I have content on the drive and the message says "no content on the drive" when connected through the wd tv live. I can access the external drive content from all ipads, macbook pro's and Imac's but will not show any data on wd tv live......

Mar 31, 2012 2:10 PM in response to QDub

I am not sure at all the issues that could be involved here.. ie files in correct format to be read by WD Live.

But any device other than the Mac will use SMB (windows networking) to access content.

But the names by default on the TC are not compliant with SMB networking.

So reset the TC (and wireless) name and all passwords.. no spaces.. no special characters.. particularly ' which seems to be added by default. Fred's TC is not legal name.. FredsTC is fine.

No spaces no special characters. pure alphanumeric.

For disk access try setting a windows workgroup name.. even if you have no windows machines.

So under disk file sharing .. set workgroup name to WORKGROUP (should be in all caps.. no spaces no special characters you already know).

Just to see if things are ok.. I would also turn on guest access with at least read rights.. If your home needs better security well think about it, but generally it isn't required and people will not see it from outside.

Time Capsule as wireless hdd for my WD TV Live Hub and Sonos Player.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.