Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do you recommend buying logic pro from app store for $199.00 ?

I recently saw that Logic Pro is available in app store for $199.00. I thought the original price was $499.00 and that is why im confused. What is the difference between the two and which one do you recommend ?

Thank you

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 2:20 AM

8 replies

Feb 7, 2012 2:47 AM in response to Michek

Hi

Logic Studio seems to be still available from the AppleStore:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB795Z/A#overview

Studio includes MainStage 2.1 (the 2.2 update is a paid-for via the Appstore), Soundtrack Pro, Waveburner, Compressor and a bunch of other stuff, along with Logic Pro 9.

If you buy LP9 or MS from the AppStore, you can download all the additional content (free) from within the App. Note that the Soundtrack Pro content is no longer available.

Logic Studio upgrades have been discontinued.

CCT

Feb 7, 2012 12:05 PM in response to Michek

Its surprising (to me, anyway) how small a complex application can become when its compiled from whatever language was used for programming purposes and also file compression is applied to make the download as small as practically possible, so I wouldn't worry.

As CCT mentioned in his usual accurate and helpful manner, you can also purchase Mainstage as a download (its very inexpensive for what it is).

Here in the UK Logic Studio is still available, but the price difference is quite considerable, no-one is selling it off particularly cheaply. I imagine the biggest potential problem for us here is the download speed for the additional content - we have to pay a hefty monthly fee for really fast broadband speed. If you have additional content from a previous version, it may be worth considering keeping it and just updating the application.

Feb 8, 2012 1:52 AM in response to Michek

hi Michek:

are you purchasing Logic in Prague... (rhetorical) just thought i'd ask. here in US they're phasing out the boxed DVD's of Logic Studio, in which Logic Pro is included. like CCTM has mentioned it has other apps in the package, like WaveBurner, Mainstage, Soundtrack Pro, Apple loops & other disks of Jam Packs. all these are included in the "studio," that's why it's Logic "Studio."

in US, they only offer purchase on APP store, & Apple retail stores will no longer sell it. but in US there are still a few retail store which have it in the back storage. you have to ask specifically, & they'll question you to confirm to make sure U just don't want to upload it from the APP store. i can't say if the Download Logic Pro App is equally as good as the Boxed DVD version. cuz i only have the boxed version. i do here good things about the Logic Pro App though.

looks like some of the Amp setups done in Mainstage, you can do in Logic Pro App. if you do download Logic Pro app, it was recommended that you don't let your computer go to sleep. mine did & i had to start over.

good luck,

Do you recommend buying logic pro from app store for $199.00 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.