Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have all the documents, but can't locate my discs - need iphoto and can't get without the original.

I have all the documents, but can't locate my discs - need iphoto and can't get without the original.

Mac OS X (10.4.11), iphoto update

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 6:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 6:30 AM

Call Apple Customer Support 1-800-767-2775 ([telephone numbers for other countries|http://www.apple.com/contact/phone_contacts.html]). Provide the serial number and specifications of the Mac. They may be able to provide a replacement set of discs for a fee. These discs will be for whatever OS was installed on the computer originally, so if you have an upgraded version you will need to obtain the discs some other way. I would not be too optimistic about replacement discs if this is a truly old Mac.

If you can't get hold of discs it may be possible to buy (ebay, Craigslist) a Tiger vintage version of iLife which I think would have iPhoto.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2012 6:30 AM in response to Uncle Willie

Call Apple Customer Support 1-800-767-2775 ([telephone numbers for other countries|http://www.apple.com/contact/phone_contacts.html]). Provide the serial number and specifications of the Mac. They may be able to provide a replacement set of discs for a fee. These discs will be for whatever OS was installed on the computer originally, so if you have an upgraded version you will need to obtain the discs some other way. I would not be too optimistic about replacement discs if this is a truly old Mac.

If you can't get hold of discs it may be possible to buy (ebay, Craigslist) a Tiger vintage version of iLife which I think would have iPhoto.

Feb 7, 2012 8:35 AM in response to Uncle Willie

If you buy used you have to be careful. I am not sure what software came with which system versions and which computers but the iLife application history is complex. If you end up looking for "original" discs such as those that came with your computer, make sure iPhoto was part of it, and make sure the discs you buy are really identical to the ones for your computer model. A lot of people sell gray colored discs as installer discs, but the versions are machine specific so getting any old Tiger installer may not work on your computer. Unfortunately the universal Tiger installer may not have iPhoto. Maybe somebody more familiar with the iPhoto history can provide specific advice.

An alternative is to look for a used iLife series that will work on your computer. Again, this will have to be used. Apple's staying ahead of the curve basically means those of us with old machines are left to fend for ourselves as best we can.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.