Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Still waiting for root device error netbooting

Hello Apple support comminity,

I have been trying to get a netboot service working from my Mac Mini Server(10.6.8) for an environment of iMac 27"(10.6.8). I have configured the service and created an image. The method I used for the creating the image was to use the iMac specific installtion disk in an iMac to install the os onto an Firewire drive. After installing on the firewire drive I updated it on iMac. After that I used the System image utility to create a netboot image with Mac Pro(10.6.8), then placed it in the appropriate directory. I can then see the netboot in the Startup disk selector, upon boot the Normal apple logo appears along with the small spinning globe below it. After that the normal circular loading graphic replaced the globe. Shortly after that the Apple logo is replaced with a circle with a line through it.

When i use a verbose boot the only possible problesm that are displayed are cant find kextd adn then still waiting for root device. Any help hint or advice would be greatly appriacted. Thanks.

Rob

Intern Mac Net Admin

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Server

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 5:55 AM

1 reply

Still waiting for root device error netbooting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.