Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motion 5 stabilize export issue

Hi all,

I stabilized a video quiet easily in motion 5, settings are "method: smooth / borders: zoom / quality: better", in the interface everything looks fine. But when I export it in a .mov (any format, any kind of render) I get a black areas appearing around my video. It's like the "borders: zoom" was not working once rendered. Do I miss something??

Thanks!

Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 6:05 AM

10 replies

Apr 15, 2012 2:08 PM in response to Joeatmac

What I have found is that the zoom function is limited as to how much correction it can apply. It seems to be fine with clips that are pretty stable to start with, but for clips that are shakey it doesn't do well. I have been most successful by leaving "borders pop-up" on normal. After the analysis is complete then go to the clip properties tab and manually scale the clip as you scrub through it until the black border doesn't appear.

Aug 18, 2012 3:24 AM in response to Blobinsane

Ok folks, I've just found a solution for you (and me ^^).

Our problem is that the "zoom" parameter (borders) of stabilization is not applied on export.

So what I've successfully tried is the following:

• Borders set to zoom on your Stabilize behavior;

• Switch to the Properties tab of your "stabilized" track;

• Look for the scale value and remember it;

• Switch back to the Stabilize behavior and set Borders to normal;

• Switch back to the Properties tab, Scale and manually set the previous value;

• Export

• Voilà!

I can not believe Apple released Motion 5 with so much obvious bugs on it. I've been in touch with the support for weeks, about a constant sound export problem (glitch, no-synced, etC.), which looks to be hopefully now corrected thanks to our exchanges. Motion is out for many months now, it's hard to believe how slow they do answer and correct bug. I'll submit the following just in case.

Aug 17, 2013 2:12 PM in response to Joeatmac

Hey Joe. I just tried and it worked for me. I'm on using Motion 5.0.7 on 10.8.4). Stabilized a clip, turned Zoom Borders on and tried different settings and export codecs, even installed XAVC. Can you give more details about your setup (Motion version, steps, etc.)? Without knowing specifics, its harder for anyone to try to match what you are experiencing, details count.

Motion 5 stabilize export issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.