Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how much will it cost to keep email @mac.com without Lion, iCloud?

I am running 10.6.8, happily, and have a 3G iPhone, love it, and want to keep Snow Leopard and my @mac.com email account - can I do this without iCloud?

How much will it cost?

I hope I can get some good news from somone, because I would like to stay with Snow Leopard rather than try and keep up with all the updates, upgrades, upcosts, upsets! that Apple wants ////////////help?😕

Thanks,

artdough

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 2009, 24" 10.6.8

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 8:13 AM

You can migrate to iCloud with Snow Leopard (when asked to to confirm that you have Lion, lie and say 'Yes') and you can set Mail up manually to access your email. The method for that is described here:

Entering iCloud email settings manually in Snow Leopard

I would assume you could also do this on your phone, but I can't advise on the exact method.

You will not be able to access iCloud's other facilities, other than that some people have managed to make a hack work to sync calendars. This page lists the situation when you migrate anad includes a link to the hack:

iCloud and Snow Leopard

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2012 8:13 AM in response to artdough

You can migrate to iCloud with Snow Leopard (when asked to to confirm that you have Lion, lie and say 'Yes') and you can set Mail up manually to access your email. The method for that is described here:

Entering iCloud email settings manually in Snow Leopard

I would assume you could also do this on your phone, but I can't advise on the exact method.

You will not be able to access iCloud's other facilities, other than that some people have managed to make a hack work to sync calendars. This page lists the situation when you migrate anad includes a link to the hack:

iCloud and Snow Leopard

how much will it cost to keep email @mac.com without Lion, iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.