Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I install Microsoft Powerpoint Templates?

I just bought Premium or Professinal Microsoft Powerpoint Templates. My question is how do I install them as part of my Microsoft Office for Mac Powerpoint Templates?

Not knowing how to install them, the only way I make my Powerpoint presentations for now is by literally opening the template (in my downloads file) then renaming it and working from there. What I would want is for me to open my Microsoft Powerpoint for Mac app, then going to the Gallery and finding the Premium Templates I bought as part of the pre-installed templates.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 11:59 AM

Tating, try this:

1) Open up the Terminal app (easiest way is via Spotlight search for Terminal)

2) Paste in the following line and hit return:

open ~/Library/Application\ Support/Microsoft/Office/User\ Templates/My\ Templates/

3) This will open up the Powerpoint theme window (assuming you are using hte latest PowerPoint version). Copy your .potx file there.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2012 11:59 AM in response to Tating

Tating, try this:

1) Open up the Terminal app (easiest way is via Spotlight search for Terminal)

2) Paste in the following line and hit return:

open ~/Library/Application\ Support/Microsoft/Office/User\ Templates/My\ Templates/

3) This will open up the Powerpoint theme window (assuming you are using hte latest PowerPoint version). Copy your .potx file there.

Feb 7, 2012 2:38 PM in response to Tating

Maybe you would have more luck getting an answer if you asked this in the right forum. Keynote isn't mac Powerpoint. If I were you, I would find where your original templates are installed, probably in your user library/Application Support but that's just a guess, and once you find those templates, add your purchased ones to the same folder and restart the computer.

Feb 7, 2012 9:44 PM in response to Lauri

My apologoies for having posted my question in the Keynote Forum. I am aware that Keynote is not Powerpoint for Mac. Was actually looking for the Powerpoint Forum before I posted my question but none exists. Hence, I thought Keynote was the closest Forum I could go to.

Thank you for your sugestion. Tried it and it's not there.

How do I install Microsoft Powerpoint Templates?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.