Here's some more information:
Often times, Microphone DOES NOT work when:
- I make a call via carrier (typical method)
- I receive a call via carrier (typical method)
Rarely, Microphone DOES work when:
- I make a call via carrier (typical method), and then cuts out a few minutes during the call
- I receive a call via carrier (typical method), and then cuts out a few minutes during the call
Microphone DOES work when:
- Using recording apps (voice memos)
- Make calls via data apps like: Skype, MagicJack. I can use these apps to call/communicate with the person on the other end of the call without ANY issues. Microphone does not cut out at all. Works perfectly.
Tried To Solve Using The Following (To no avail):
- Plug in / out headphones/mic. This is functioning properly. When I take out headphones/mic, and use the volume toggle, it does not show headphones as being plugged in. Looks typical, and I can hear sound coming out of the speakers.
- Tried using the external "speaker" option during calls. This had no effect. The speaker icon highlights, and appears as normal, but they still cannot hear me talking into the mic.
- Switching Carriers in Settings > Carriers. I tried hopping onto another carrier (by disabling Auto), then moving back to my own Carrier. Something to note... THe other carrier didn't allow me to fully connect to it. I was not able to make a call on another carrier (I suspect this is normal). I then re-enabled Auto. Nothing helps.
- Reboot, Toggle Airplane-mode
- Latest Update (5.0.1)
- Sync with iTunes
Summary Of Problem:
This is seemingly an issue while making / receiving calls through the carrier., but I've seen this problem a lot in other forums. They've tried different SIM, and carriers, and nothing's helped. I'll try a new SIM card next, though I don't see it as being a coverage thing what-so-ever. My data works, and my mic WORKS --- just not during phone calls.