Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my visual voicemail and imessage are not working!! please help

I upgraded my iphone to a 4S 3 weeks ago. Initially the visual voicemail and imessage worked. For the last week neither has worked. Every time i try to active imessage it says that there is an error. Regarding the voicemail- i occasionally get visual voicemail messages if i switch off the phone and turn it back on but generally they dont come through so i am not aware that i have received any messages. my phone will also not send mms messages! I have tried restting all the settings and have also restored my phone to factory settings but this has not fixed the problem! I had no problems with the 3GS phone!! Can someone please help!!

thanks

Katy

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1, network O2

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 12:34 PM

3 replies

Nov 6, 2013 8:19 PM in response to kt242

Katy....

Take the phone and drop it in a lake, then get a new phone (not iphone) and all will be fixed.

Or you can except the fact that apple is not what it used to be, because I have the same problems.

I'm in a contract, but when it ends, I will switch to another brand.

Visual voicemail should be working, no excuse for this.

I wish I could be of more help, but the apple store could not help me, at&t gave me the same brush off, and all my tech friends at work are baffled about this problem.

I wished I had waited for the reviews, before downloading the ios 7.

Mark

Nov 7, 2013 6:23 PM in response to AmishCake

Amishcake...

Unfortunately, I did ask at&t about this problem, and then apple, and then went online to find so many others with the same problem, most of them with Verizon, T-Mobile.

I have 3 iphones, 2 5's and one 4.

This problem never existed before the ios 7 was downloaded.

So do the math. The phones worked fine, then a 4 hour download from apple, and boom, no visual voicemail.

Today I took this phone to a cell phone store, and even this tech, who has helped me before could not explain this problem.

So whats up with the ios 7??

Mark

my visual voicemail and imessage are not working!! please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.