Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone spoiled iTunes Match with tons of empty playlists

Hi

apparently there is a bug in iTunes Match when creating or deleting playlists with an iOS device in fligth mode. After the iOS syncs with the cloud again iTunes Match is messed up with several thousand of empty playlists. iTunes is almost not usable any more, very very slow due to the high load of playlists, both on my MacBook and iPhone. So deleting this playlists in iTunes manually is not an option. Automator also fails to delete them. The only thing I could do now was to switch of iTunes Match on all devices and restore the previous state. However as soon as iTunes Match is switched on again all the empty playlists with the performance issues are back again.

Does anyone has an idea how iTune Match can be cleaned up, or reset to an initial state so that I could use it again.

iTunes Match-OTHER, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 1:51 PM

1 reply

May 17, 2012 8:31 AM in response to Para578

I had the same problem, but without the airplane mode factor. After receiving the iTunes 10.5.1 upadate my music app on my iPhone 4 was practically unusable -- and I had 16+ GB of an empty playlist called "Running 2012" that I had never even created... Perhaps my fiance' had created it, but it was empty no songs in it whatsoever and no idea how many copies of it -- basically it created copies until all the storage on my iPhone was exhausted. A serious problem -- I turned off iTunes Match on my iPhone and iPod and now both are usable again, but the problem returns if I turn on iTunes Match on either device -- funny thing on my PC when I go to iTunes I don't even have a playlist named "Running 2012" and everything is fine with Match turned on.... truly puzzled

iPhone spoiled iTunes Match with tons of empty playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.