Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I changing the default WIKI Server name on OS x Lion Server?

How do I changing the default WIKI Server name on OS x Lion Server? Enterprise solutions suggested I post this question here to get a direct answer. I have searched everywhere... This would be the META TAG On the top of browsers...

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 2:01 PM

4 replies

May 28, 2012 8:46 AM in response to rtj2kpx

I went looking for this answer, to no avail.

Solution I used:

step 1 - Navigate to the folder /usr/share/collabd/coreclient/locales/en.lproj/ and open the only file there called default.strings.

step 2 - somewhere around lines 74 & 164 you will see the default title "OS X Lion Server". I'm sure only one of the is required to be changed to adjust the title on the window, but I changed both to my desired title. Save and close. If asked for authentication, enter you administrator details.

step 3 - restart the server (or wiki service may work too)

step 4 - done and your Wiki welcome page should show the new title

Finally I have a bookmark that means something by default.

Hope this helps

How do I changing the default WIKI Server name on OS x Lion Server?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.