Since a while back the "images"-tab in google does'nt work on the iPhone in any of the browsers I've tried. I've searched the net to find others with the same problem but with little luck. Here's a description of the problem.
For example I search for "dog" in google in the Safari browser, this works just fine.
Then I press the "images"-tab and get a thumbnail view with pictures of dogs, of course.
But this is where it all goes wrong, when touching one of the images I get an enlarged view of an image next to it. The "back to the results" and "full image" buttons dim out (without being touchable) and swiping does not work. I don't know what has caused this to stop working properly, I know its not the new iOS version though.
First, is there anyone else out there with this problem?
Second, this is what I've tried:
- Other iPhone web browser applications, for example "Mercury", "Opera Mini", "Skyfire" and none of them works except "Dolphin" (good work).
- Resetting any of the settings in the phone, clearing cache and such have no effect.
- Resetting the iPhone totally, factory settings. No effect.
- Using someone elses iPhone. I've tried on an iPhone 4 and iPhone 3S, same problems (with iOS 5.01).
- Trying out all of the settings in google, no change.
- Setting the google view to "classic" instead of "mobile" works of course, but that makes the site look just like on a PC or Mac and is not what I'm after.
Third, this problem seems to just affect Swedish users from what I can tell. There would be thousands of posts about this if everyone in the world was affected by it, but so far I've seen no posts on this matter. But after searching a while I found a swedish forum site on the subject. Link (in swedish). Also, when visiting google from Sweden some form of script automatically changes the url from .com to .se. I don't know if this has something to do with it?
Anyone know what causes this problem and how It might be resolved?