Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is anyone elese having issues playing yotube HD on macbook pro 13 Lion?

I just bought a MacBook Pro 13 that comes with a Intel graphics HD 3000 384MB, I know next to nothing about computers but shouldnt this laptop work smoothly through something as simple as a youtube 1080 hd video? it freezes the image at some points of some videos and ound keeps playing. Please help or is this something that I should take to the store?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), I had trouble updating at first

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 4:50 PM

5 replies

Feb 7, 2012 5:44 PM in response to Leo.

FWIW I also have noticed poor playback at 720p and 1080p in youtube for about a month now. I have a 12meg internet connection on 3.33GHz 6-core Mac Pro and no other sites exhibit this behavior. Neither did youtube until recently.

I did read somewhere that youtube was switching over to HTML5 but I haven't verified this nor whether the few youtube's I look at are HTML5. I just end up lowering the resolution. If it is indeed due to HTML5 I want flash back! 😉

For others reading this that might want to test it here's a example youtube link:

M&M "Sexy and I Know It" Super Bowl Commercial 2012

Playing at 720p had frequenct stalls while 480 had none.

Also I looked at the source html for that page. The video is flash, not HTML5. Makes me wonder if all the recent flash player 11.x plugin updates adobe has been releasing are the problem. On the other hand youtube is fully linked to google so that alone probably means all bets are off.😟

is anyone elese having issues playing yotube HD on macbook pro 13 Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.