You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac G3 Mouse

Hi, I have a problem with my mouse

Normaly, it plugs into the keyboard, right, well, frayed cables on the iMac keyboard are commen, right? well, mine does have frayed cables, but all the wires are in place, and the mouse does not work in either slot on the keyboard, or on the USB on the mac. Starnge thing is, the keyboard works perfectly. It might just be the mouse, but i suspect it is the keyboard. As i said, the mouse pointer will NOT move, in either of the USB keybaord plugs, or the USB on the imac. Whats going on?

iMac G3 266 MHz ; Crappy HP machine, Windows XP, Favorite oxymorn: Microsoft works

Posted on Feb 20, 2006 9:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2006 10:29 AM

since the keyboard works, and the mouse won't work even when plugged directly into the iMac, tht all kind of points to a bad mouse. Try plugging it into the port the keyboard is plugged into right now. Since that's a known good port, if it doesn't work there, the problem is definiltey with the mouse it would seem.
4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 20, 2006 10:29 AM in response to The MacMan

since the keyboard works, and the mouse won't work even when plugged directly into the iMac, tht all kind of points to a bad mouse. Try plugging it into the port the keyboard is plugged into right now. Since that's a known good port, if it doesn't work there, the problem is definiltey with the mouse it would seem.

iMac G3 Mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.