Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do you know how i can use Ipad inside ATEX certified areas ( e.g. refinery plant) ? Do you know if exist somespecial arrangement ( cover, enclosure, ecc) for this ?

Do you know how i can use Ipad inside ATEX certified areas ( e.g. refinery plant) ? Do you know if exist somespecial arrangement ( cover, enclosure, ecc) for this ?

iPad 2

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 3:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 8:06 AM

I looked up what the ATEX certification implies...certified for use in an explosive atmosphere. I think your best bet would be working directly with Apple or with an IT Equipment vendor that specializes in that environment.

4 replies

Feb 8, 2012 8:27 AM in response to RaffaeleDAngelo

The iPad is most definitely not ATEX certified, and I've not been able to find any case for the iPad that is so certified. Since you need access to the iPad's touch screen, I'm not sure if it would be possible for anyone to build a case for the iPad that could meet ATEX certification. If you need a tablet to use in ATEX areas, you'll probably need to look for one designed for such use; there are at least a couple of companies who make them, including Getac.

Regards.

Aug 31, 2012 1:00 PM in response to RaffaeleDAngelo

Hello

At least one cover manufactrer will try to propose an Atex (Ex 2) cover for ipad

http://dofero.com/Viz-iCARRY.html

i dont know if it is already on the market.

Another one is making IP68 and military Standard 810F-516.15 that seems to include some kind of ability to work in explosible atmosphere.

http://www.lifeproof.com/ipad#why-nuud

Here what I found. I'm also interested of further talk on this topic, workimg as Occupational Hygienist for Swiss Industries.

hope this post helps.

Best Regards

Vincent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.