Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac G5 Tiger Installing problems

Hey guys,

Having abit of problem with a G5 here, ive got the Tiger install disc to go onto a PowerPC version of the iMac. The problem is i cant get past the apple logo and spinning wheel when i try and load the disc, ive thought of everything that i can to force boot etc. even tried the USB method but nothing is working..

This may sound silly but is it because i have an installation on the hard drive that is inside the computer, it has a windows installation on it

Cheers in advance

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 9:12 AM

2 replies

Feb 8, 2012 9:21 PM in response to djdanny

If you can post ONLY THE FIRST FIVE characters of your serial number we would be able to determine the manufacture date and therefore OS that originally came with your machine.

Go to About This Mac > then click the bottom button, "more info". Your serial number will be second from the bottom, in "Hardware Overview".

DO NOT POST THE ENTIRE SERIAL NUMBER!!! I deliberately partially grayed mine out below.

For example, the first five of my serial are W8446: W8 (Shanghai factory), 4 (manufacture year 2004), and 46 (46th week of 2004).

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iMac G5 Tiger Installing problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.