Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why wont my PowerBook g4 connect to my local network?

Hello all,

im pretty new to mac usage so please keep that in mind and give detailed step by step instructions. i know my way around the OS but only for normal usage, not more technical things like troubleshooting network settings.

anyway,

i am dealing with a powerbook g4 that is running os x 10.4.11.

there are 4 or 5 other macs connected to my local network, and from any given one you can access the others via the network, including this powerbook g4.

the problem is, when using said powerbook, the other shows up when i was able to view the network (which now i cant even figure out how i did that) none of the other computers were showing up.

on every other computer in the office you pull up finder and it has a "shared" list in the leftmost column with macuser, desktop and applications.

this powerbok g4 does not have that.

so first i need to know how to view my local network, and secondly i need to find out how to access the other computers and/or the Drobo FS which is connected to the network.

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11), G4

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 10:17 AM

2 replies

Why wont my PowerBook g4 connect to my local network?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.