Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I install 10.0.03?

I'm looking for a bottom line answer/opinion to the question....."should I install 10.0.03 on my 2011 13" MacBook Pro i7 2.7, 8GB".

I'm reasonably happy with 10.0.02 but would love to have access to the improvements in 10.0.03....UNLESS...I'm in for significant performance issues....and will need to spend lots of time trying to adjust the system in an attempt to overcome issues.

Also considering converting from FCP7 to FCPX on our MacPro Quad 2.93.....at some point. Can't affford any issues with the workflow on that machine.

I wonder how representitive all of the posts that I see about the shortcommings of 10.0.03 are of the experiences average FCPX .03 user?

Any positive USER reviews out there yet?

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 1:34 PM

8 replies

Feb 8, 2012 1:56 PM in response to JohnBarrett

Remember that these forums are essentially for people having problems or not knowing how to use the equipment.

You will find scores of people complaining but thousands don't!

So the chances are that you will be OK.

If you keep a copy of 10.0.2 you can always put it back should you not like 10.0.3 .

I believe that some people have had slowdowns when editing 10.0.2 projects on 10.0.3 so it might be a good idea to finish off existing projects before opening the update.

Feb 8, 2012 2:11 PM in response to Ian R. Brown

I agree with Ian's comments.

Personally, I know FCPX like the back of my hand - and love it - enought that I CRINGE when being forced to do some jobs using FCP legacy. Its like going back in time to OS 8 lol...

The main issue is work done in '02 version and previous versions, older plug ins without update releases etc.

When I work with '03 fresh out of the frying pan, it is very nice to use. The problems are mostly the result of issues of earlier files simply not working properly with the new update. And the frustration with some (like myself) is that this was not addressed and no warning given either - in fact just the opposite.

So - and this is coming from THE GREAT COMPLAINER OF SATAN , I would say if you dont have the above criteria to worry about - do exactly as Ian suggests and take it for a spin down main street 😉

Feb 8, 2012 3:00 PM in response to innocentius

That's right. When the 03 is performing "conversion" of the older files, there appears to be some incompatibilites not quite smoothed out between the two updates.

What I will do is this. Any 02 projects that later need alternative cuts etc, I will just do them in 02 version app. For all else, I just start fresh with 03 and prey that when 04 (or whatever its gonna be called) comes out, it will also address the issues we have with old projects.

After that, we can all forget the scratching and clawing we have had during this bumpy train ride, and have a beer together at the local genius bar lol 😉

Should I install 10.0.03?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.